Parcham Welfare Foundation (PWF) was established in Jan 16, 2012 and Registered in the year 2014 as an independent, non-Profit, Non-Political and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based at District Gujrat, Punjab, Pakistan under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies, (Registration & Control) Ordinance, 1961 (XLVI of 1961) Vide Registration No. DO/SW/ Regd/ GRT/2014-142 dated 01-01-2014 and also registered with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) as Non Profit Organization as Tax Exempted. PWF is working for Community Development through Human Rights, with special emphasis on Marginalized people, especially poor women and Adolescent Girls at grass roots level in Pakistan.
1- The focus of the Organization is on Community Development through the Participation of its own marginalized people. The role of PWF is Strengthening and Empowering the Communities to perceive their own problems / needs and to solve them through collective action and participation. PWF advocates for Gender Equality and Empowerment as integral to mitigating and adapting to Climate Change and achieving Sustainable, Environmentally Sound Development through Collective Action. PWF currently has targeted the Pre-urban and rural-cum-remote Areas of Districts, Gujrat.. PWF is expanding his areas of operation day by day to redress the issues of marginalized groups in Pakistan.
PWF seeks a democratic, fair and progressive society that is free of poverty and in-justice while people have equal rights without any discrimination and opportunities to realize their full potential for attaining their individual and Collective Goals.
PWF Strives to bring about positive changes in policies and institutions for sustainable Socio-economic development by mobilizing and empowering women, youth and other marginalized groups of Society.
Organizing and Empowering Communities to solve their own problems through collective action and participation.
5-Aims & Objectives:
- To work for the rectification and implementation of the human rights and other related Charter Covenants & Protocols.
- To take necessary action in preventing Human Rights Violations by providing Aid and Assistance, including legal aid to the affectees to protect human rights.
- To receive and investigate reported and non-reported cases and allegations of human rights violations and to recommend suitable remedial action to the concerned Authorities.
- To provide Basic facilities of life like Pure Drinking Water, Medicines, Pollution free atmosphere and other Rural Development Schemes in far flung areas.
- To promote the Child Rights and youth rights through different Projects.
- To educate and create consciousness among youth, women / Girls, Drugs, Hepatitis B/C, HIV / AIDS as well as other diseases.
- To make women,girls,children and minorities aware of their Basic Rights including Political, Family Planning, Health, Education and jobs as well as provide legal free aid and full protection etc.
- To contribute in Poverty Alleviation and improve / enhance the quality of life of marginalized women and girls.
- To change the behavior of addicts through Harm Reduction and Detoxification and Rehabilitate them to normal life and also to improve their quality of life by providing them basic health services.
- To assure the Gender Based Equality in Pakistan.
- To sensitize people about environmental concerns / issues in Pakistan.
- To Rehabilitate the victims of Natural Disasters like flood, earthquake etc.
6- Core Values:
- Mutual trust and respect
- Participatory decision-making
- Community Physical Infrastructure (CPI)
- Gender Equity
- Right-Based Approach
- Public / Private Partnership.
- Involvement and empowerment of Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups.
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
(1) The Executive Council is accountable to the General Council for its activities. As per constitution, PWF management is responsible to the Executive Committee for the effective management of the Organization and the program as well as for the proper utilization of funds provided by the different sources.
2) The Executive Council members always monitor the activities of Accounts Section for ensuring the good accounting. Before implementation of any project or any plan it needs to be approved by Executive Council, The Council also takes decision
3) PWF managements accountable to the District and Provincial Social Welfare Department for administration for its activities. PWF participate in the coordination meeting organized by the local Administration and submitting reports on a regular basis.
4) PWF is also accountable to its beneficiaries communities for the activites and services and the money they saved and given to the organization’s custody.
8- Audit and Accounts Transparency
PWF believes in honesty, integrity, transparency in all matters relating to audit and accounts.
PWF accounts are audited every year by a reputable chartered accountant firm and audit report is presented to Directorate of Social Welfare Department after approval from Executive Council and General Council.
PWF is transparent to the donors and is providing all types of information considering the requirement.
PWF is transparent to the participants.It is always very much open to the participants/beneficiaries especially about information.
PWF is also transparent to the Counterpart and Partners.
PWF never try to hide any information from the stakeholders.
PWF is maintaining close touch with Government and providing all necessary information to the authorities at the District, Provincial, National and International level.
9- Field Offices
Parcham Welfare Foundation Development Foundation is currently working in Different Areas of Pakistan. The Offices are: